Completion Date: 2011
Size: 108,000 sq. ft.
Construction Cost: $33 million
The University of Oklahoma’s College of Architecture was moved to Gould Hall in 1989, taking the place of the College of Geology. Originally constructed in 1950, the late modern structure houses Architecture, Interior Design, Construction Science and Environmental Design students with several large studios, classrooms, and lecture halls.
Work was initiated in 2008 with demolition and asbestos abatement and was completed before opening day of classes in the fall of 2011. Vital to this project was the preservation of site and style. The predominant Cherokee Gothic style of architecture which blankets the campus is preserved and a mild contemporary flare has been incorporated into the design to accentuate the program which it houses.
Bockus Payne Associates was awarded a Citation of Merit by the State Historic Preservation Officer for work completed on Gould Hall.